Thursday, January 28, 2010

ENDEAVOR 2010/11 LINE!

This was a large project. Five unique top sheets with two colorways on top of that and a pretty detailed/tech base graphic that was painfully made solely in vector. For those of you who don't know, I work full time as a 3D production artist by day and a designer/artist by night so in other words, this one took a while.
Usually I keep my 3D and 2D work pretty separate but when Endeavor approached me with the idea of futuristic graffiti for their guerilla series, I thought it would be a great opportunity to combine the styles that surprisingly enough, over the years I hadn't ever really tried mixing before.
I recently made a series of silk screened clocks with cities from all over the world on them and it gave me the idea to make each board from somewhere across the globe. With that in mind along with the initial theme of the Guerilla series, I thought it would be cool to model each board after a famous landmark that we all know as untouchable, being devoured by graffiti in a guerilla manor. I could go into some more symbolic jargon but that is basically the story behind it!

Anyway, with much needed iteration and feedback from the guys at ENDVR, this is the end result. To briefly break it down, included is the Coliseum, London Bridge, Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty and Taj Mahal. There is no photography involved in the graphic. All the topsheet content was modeled and rendered in 3D with some post done in photoshop. The base graphic was made in illustator. A tee was also made for the series. I wrote out "New York State Of Mind" with a bit of flavor and then it was comp'd over the statue of liberty.
Hope you like!





No comments: